We use an online system for electronic payment via a website called Schoolcomms – ‘School Gateway’ . This means that you will be able to make online payments via the School Gateway smartphone app or website. You will also be able to view school meal balances and top them up at any time. Please note that you won’t be able to see your updated balance until the day after payment has been made.
You will also have the option to pay by Instant Bank Transfer. These payments are protected by the Direct Debit Guarantee scheme offered by all the banks and building societies. The transaction fee for the school for this type of payment is less than if you pay by debit/credit card.
We will notify you by text or e-mail when new items, such as school trips, are available for payment on School Gateway. You will also be able to give online consent, where required, for your child to take part in activities.
View this video link for more information
How does School Comms help our school?
- Reduces the administrative time spent on banking procedures
- Keeps accurate records of payments made to every service for every student
- Payments do not bounce
- Reduces paper ‘waste’
- Allows for easy and quick refunds to be made back to the payment card
- Improves communication between the school and parents concerning payments
- Offers a more efficient payment collection process, reducing the amount of money held on school premises
How do I get started?
Activate your School Gateway account. It’s quick and easy to do. All you need are your e-mail address and mobile number that the school holds on record for you.
- Download the app: If you have a smartphone, please download School Gateway from your app store (Android and iPhone). The app shows the same information as the website PLUS it saves the school money when we send you a text message.OR
- Visit the website: www.schoolgateway.com and click on ‘New User’. You will receive a text message with a PIN number. Use this PIN to log into School Gateway.
If you are having trouble logging in, it may be because the school doesn’t have your current e-mail and mobile phone number on record. Please call the school and we will update the details on our system.
Schoolcomms is registered with the data protection act. All information you provide will be kept private and will not be passed on to any other organisation. Your details will only be used for the purpose of school business, and you will not receive any SPAM or marketing material.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact the school office on 01344 426413